Friday, October 16, 2009

Just a Tad Late!

Here is a card I made for my quality swap group using the September Stamp of the Month, Treasures. I made the top card originally and wasn't happy with how it looked at first. After the ink from the sentiment was dry (and darker) I decided I liked it. Unfortunately, I had already changed to the second card and made all I needed. For both cards, I stamped the flower with VersaMark ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I sponged Sorbet all over the flower and wiped the excess off that the embossing resisted. I also sponged a little bit of Crystal Blue to make it look like sky behind the flower.


On this one I stamped the sentiment with brown Staz-On OVER the embossed image. I think next time I will try stamping the sentiment directly on the card first, and then stamping and embossing OVER it. Not sure it would remain clear (to my satisfaction), but it would be worth a try!


For this version I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate on Colonial White. Then I stamped over it with VersaMark and embossed with clear embossing powder. I think I would have liked it better if I had used Cocoa instead of Chocolate. It would have been darker and stood out more. Oh well!

supplies used (all CTMH, unless noted):

  • Twitterpated Level 2 paper pack
  • Treasures stamp set(September Stamp of the Month)
  • designer ribbon rounds—sorbet
  • VersaMark ink
  • clear embossing powder

colors: sorbet, chocolate, crystal blue, sweet leaf, colonial white

size: 5 1/2” x 4 1/4”

idea from: I'm sure I saw a card with this layout somewhere, at some time............


Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Very pretty! Love the way your flower looks with the Sorbet ink sponged around it, and on the scalloped oval.